Application for Funds
Wheeler Foundation Mission Statement: To provide financial support to institutions, private or public organizations to educate, train and support children and adults that are mentally and / or physically handicapped.
Facts to keep in mind: Wheeler Foundation will not fund routine operating needs, and will not fund any project on an ongoing basis. Wheeler Foundation will require follow-up reporting, to monitor the way in which any funds which it awards are utilized by the recipient. If the grant is approved, funding will be a reimbursement of paid invoices for the approved grant amount.
Required Documents: In addition to the information that is requested on the attached, the following documents should be submitted with any request for funds:
- A copy of Applicant’s current tax determination letter for the Internal Revenue Service (if Applicant is a private entity, rather than a government or other public entity that is supported directly by tax dollars).
- List of Applicant’s governing board members, and of any other persons who will be responsible for the use of the funds that are requested by Applicant.
- Budget for the project for which funding is requested.
- Financial statements and tax returns (if Applicant is required to file tax returns) for the previous two calendar or fiscal years.
- If Applicant is a school, a letter from the Superintendent of the school, indicating that the project has the support of the school district administration.
Mail Application and accompanying documents to:
PO Box 305
Rankin, IL 60960
Call: Bob Swires at 217-474-8981, if you have any questions.